New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers
After a thrilling win versus the Tennessee Titans in Nashville the Saints now turn their heads to the Carolina Panthers.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (12-3 overall) (6-1 away) NFC South Champions
CAROLINA PANTHERS (5-10 overall) (2-5 home) Last in the NFC South
The Saints are a 13 point favorite over the Panthers
The Saints can still the #1 seed if:
- Week 17 - New Orleans Saints (12-3) defeat the Carolina Panthers (5-10);
- Week 17 - Detroit Lions (3-11) defeat the Green Bay Packers (12-3);
- Week 17 - Seattle Seahawks (11-4) defeat the San Francisco 49ers (12-3) on Sunday Night Football and win the NFC West Division.
They will earn the #2 seed if:
- Week 17: Saints defeat Panthers;
- Week 17: Seahawks defeat 49ers;
- Week 17: Packers defeat Lions. Packers will become the #1 Seed.
New Orleans must win on the road and rely on a banged-up Seahawks team to win at home against a healthier 49ers squad. If San Francisco wins in Seattle, they will earn the #1 Seed and have home-field advantage through the playoffs.
The Saints need help from the Seattle Seahawks to either become the #1 or #2 Seed for the NFC.