The JRTC Fort Polk Town Hall meeting was held at 11:00 a. m. Monday, September 14, 2020.
As of Friday, the State has moved into a cautious Phase 3, there will be changes on post related to that decision:
- The mask mandates remain across post.
- Post gyms will be open from 0500 to 0900 for soldiers only. After 0900 they will be available to dependents and retirees.
- Warrior Center will now allow up to 75 personnel for events.
- MWR will bring back their events: movie nights, the catfish derby, the dye hard color run, and LA Hayride.
- The Anvil bar reopened yesterday.
- Religious services will be filled to 100% although live stream will still be available.
- Pools will remain closed until next spring.
- Trick or treat will be determined based on Gov. Edwards statements on Oct 9 when it is determined if we will move into a full Phase 3 status.
- Travel has been extended to a 100 mile radius from post, not from soldiers homes who live off post.
In the report for Bayne Jones Army Community Hospital, Col. Jodi Dugai announced:
- One visitor will be allowed in the Women's Health Center and the ER.
- Appointments may be made using Tricare Online and by calling the appointment line but stressed that when appropriate patients should consider using the option of phone conferences.
- There will still be COVID screening at entrances to the hospital.
- Flu vaccines have been received only for those under 3 and over 65 – vaccines for the rest of the population are expected in October or November.
- Tricare Open Season begins in mid November and runs into December.
Gen. Frank closed the Town Hall by announcing they are working on changing the HP Com from Charlie to Bravo.