Jasper County Sheriff's Office deputies were involved in a chase involving a white Hyundai that failed to stop on Highway 96, north of Jasper on Monday morning. This began about 10:00 a.m. when Precinct 2 Constable Niles Nichols said he noticed the suspicious looking couple on Highway 96 just north of Jasper. When he tried to pull them over, Nichols said they fled and led him and other law enforcement officers in a pursuit that ended on Country Road 82, also known as River Ridge Road, near the Angelina River. William Power, 36, and Hanna Power, 31, fled the crashed vehicle on foot and were located about 6:00 p.m. and charged with evading arrest or detention. Jasper Country Sheriff Mitchell Newman indicated more charges are pending including theft of a golf cart from a residence while they were on the run as well as charges from Louisiana. The back of the the suspects’ vehicle was filled with copper which is believed to have been stolen from around Fort Polk. Newman said investigators from the Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Department interviewed the couple yesterday.
- DeRidder Woman Killed in Moss Bluff Vehicle Accident
- DeRidder City Council Meeting, Monday, August 10, 2020,
- DOTD Announces Lane Closure - Hwy 27/S. Pine Street August 6
- DeRidder City Hall, Fire & Police Administrative Offices Closed Tomorrow
- DeRidder City Council Meeting - July 13, 2020
- DeRidder Log Truck Driver Uninjured After Truck Rolls in Texas
- DeRidder Couple Involved in Plane Crash in Texas
- DeRidder Police Investigating Vehicle Theft from Murphy's Gas
- Leesville Church Turns Away Family for Recent Funeral
- Leesville City Council Met Monday, August 10, 2020
- Notes From This Week's Leesville City Council Meeting
- Leesville Man Arrested for Child Pornography
- Leesville City Council Meeting on Monday, July 13, 2020
- City of Leesville Online Tax Auction Scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, 2020
- Leesville Planning and Zoning Commission Approved Hemp Business Proposal for Presentation to the City Council
- Boil Advisory Issued on Saturday, May 23, 2020 Has Been Lifted
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Stay in the loop on church events in West Central Louisiana.
A recap of the most pertinent stories of the week - delivered straight to your inbox!
Arts & Entertainment
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!