The Leesville City Council met at 3:00 M onday, April 27, 2020, and broadcast the meeting on Facebook Live.
All members were present with Councilwoman Guess on the phone except for Councilman Shapkoff.
The first item considered was an introduction of an ordinance for the retirement of the Police K9 known as Nigel and for him to be donated to his handler, Police Officer Jim Lewis. The Public Hearing will be Monday, May 11, 2020.
The Council then moved on the resolutions and considered them for:
- Advertising of a runway and taxiway micro-surfacing and stripping project;
- Advertisement for the runway Safety Improvement Project for runway end turnarounds;
- To approve Change Order #2 related to the replacement of water meters project;
- To approve Change Order #6 on the Ground Storage Tank for the North Water Plant Project,
- To allow the Mayor to sign and execute a grant award for the Corona-virus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act – CARES grant of 2020; and
- To approve special paid leave to employees affected by COVID 19 mandatory quarantine and retroactively pay employees who were instructed to quarantine effective March 1.
There were no public comments on any of the resolutions, all were voted and approved unanimously.