Today's update from the LA Dept. of Health has the number of total cases for the State at 78,122, an increase of 1,319 cases since yesterday. These numbers list 277 cases in Vernon, 361 cases in Beauregard, 467 cases in Allen, 2,001 cases in Rapides, 3,127 cases in Calcasieu, 210 cases in Sabine, and 403 cases in Natchitoches Parish. The numbers also show 3,308 deaths in the State.
In Louisiana, 46,334 cases are presumed recovered since their positive result. A person is presumed recovered if 1) it has been more than 14 days, since they tested positive and they are not currently in the hospital or deceased (when hospital status is known), or 2) it has been more than 21 days, since they tested positive and they are not deceased (when hospital status is unknown).
Texas has reported a total of 220,111 cases with 12 cases in Newton County, 70 cases in Jasper County, 493 cases in Orange County, 29 case in Sabine County, and 3,438 cases in Jefferson County.
The Dept. of Health has gone to releasing their information once a day at the Noon hour. The number of cases per Parish is listed at the bottom of this page. The Louisiana Department of Health updates case numbers once a day online at LDH.Louisiana.gov/coronavirus.
Beginning Monday, July 13th masks are now mandated statewide for anyone 8 years of age or older. All bars in the State are also closed except for curbside pick-up (both those that serve food and those that do not). Indoor gatherings are also now limited to 50 people. This does not change the restrictions in place on occupancy limits from Phase 2. More information on Phase 2 is below.
Due to a rise in cases locally, various businesses have temporarily closed or changed their operations. These include:
- Leesville City Hall is closed to the public. Utilities can be paid at leesvillela.gov or call 337-239-2444 for more info. or to make an appointment
- Beauregard Electric will be closing all of their lobby locations. Drive-thru and other bill pay options are available. Visit beci.org
- the Beauregard Parish Library is closing until July 27th. All due dates have been extended to Aug. 1st
- Beauregard Health System will begin a revised limited visitation policy. Read the full policy here: https://www.beauregard.org/patients-and-visitors/limited-visitation-policy/?fbclid=IwAR0RrNKboMxJLy4CtUgfS2jTvLbsSYdNRoGVs7egKTkNodlqoP264KqJZvY
- Merchants & Farmers Banks have closed their lobbies. Drive-thrus, mobile banking, and ATMs are all available
- Catfish Hut in Rosepine will only being doing take out orders. Call at 337-462-2266
- Gilbert's Pizza on Entrance Rd
- Foxes Pizza in Leesville has closed their dining area. Pickup, carryout, and delivery options (through EZ Street App) available
- The Veteran's Place Soup Kitchen will be closed July 11th and will take reopening on a day-by-day basis. Call 337-404-4130 for more info.
Gov. Edwards announced June 22nd that LA will remain in Phase 2 due to the number of cases and related hospitalizations. Here is information on Phase 2:
Louisianans should wear face masks whenever they are in public, practice social distancing, wash their hands frequently and avoid going out in public when they are experiencing any symptoms.
Fort Polk is still in Phase 2 of the installation's reopening:
- gatherings of up to 50 will be allowed, gyms will increase from 25-50% occupancy, however they are still restricted to soldiers only.
- Soldier's travel radius has been increase to 100 miles
- Toledo Bend will open on Monday, the beach will remain closed.
- The Warrior Center will be open for ceremonies, limited to a 50 person headcount.
- Pools on post remain closed at this time.
- Religious services will increase capacity to 50%.
- ACP's will once again scan all id cards for those entering post.
- Platoon level PT will begin on Monday, however it will remain squad level for foot marches and runs.
- Masks are still required at all AAFES facilities
The Louisiana Department of Health will be offering free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing in Beauregard Parish and Vernon Parish:
Vernon Parish (8 AM to 11 AM):
- Tuesday, July 14, 8am -11am - Rosepine High School
- Thursday, July 16, 8am - 11am - Leesville Fairgrounds
Beauregard Parish Schedule (8 AM to 12 PM):
- July 15th: BeauCare in DeRidder (High School Dr.)
For more information call the Beauregard Parish Office Of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness at 337-460-5447
Because of the critical need for healthcare workers, the State of Louisiana has created a volunteer website for students, graduates, or retirees of the health care profession. If you are qualified, willing and able to volunteer, please visit: covid-19lavolunteers.org
Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that small businesses in all 64 Louisiana parishes will have access to federal Small Business Administration disaster aid in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza confirmed that Louisiana’s more than 440,000 small business are eligible to apply for low-interest federal disaster loans, which will be made available to eligible firms suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus.
On April 15th, GOV. JOHN BEL EDWARDS SIGNED A PROCLAMATION CLOSING ALL K-12 LOUISIANA SCHOOLS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR.
The Louisiana Dept. of Education has released some information for students who were supposed to be graduating High School this year on Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) scholarships and recaps the various regulatory flexibilities granted by the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE), the Board of Regents, the Governor, and the U.S. Department of Education to make graduation and promotion possible during this extraordinary time. You can find this information online by clicking here. You can also visit the louisianabelieves.com website by clicking here.
There is a testing site at the Rapides Parish Coliseum parking lot Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 PM-3 PM. You must be symptomatic to receive a test. The CDC list of symptoms for COVID-19 include fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and a new loss of smell or taste.
LOUISIANA PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY ON APRIL 4, 2020 WAS POSTPONED. The Presidential Preference Primary July 11th and the Municipal Primary election will be held August 15th. Louisiana's Emergency Election Plan has passed. You can read the details of the plan by clicking here.
For confirmed infections, reported illnesses have ranged from infected people with little to no symptoms (similar to the common cold) to people being severely ill and dying. Symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
CDC believes at this time that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 after exposure.
Questions about Coronavirus?
If you have questions about Coronavirus, please contact the Coronavirus general information line at 1-855-523-2652 from 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Cases by Parish:
De Soto 431
East Baton Rouge 7,100
East Carroll 456
East Feliciana 355
Jefferson Davis 606
La Salle 121
Parish Under Investigation 4
Pointe Coupee 377
Red River 80
St. Bernard 706
St. Charles 871
St. Helena 121
St. James 444
St. John the Baptist 1,081
St. Landry 1,128
St. Martin 1,021
St. Mary 762
St. Tammany 3,169
West Baton Rouge 378
West Carroll 176
West Feliciana 261