The City of Leesville City Council me at 3:00 p.m. Monday, October 11, 2021.
Mayor Allen, Councilwoman Guess, and Councilman Shapkoff were absent.
The monthly bills presented were $60,615.14.
Lt. Col (retired) Ronalk Kariker presented information to the council regarding the Leesville Composite Squadron Civil Air Patrol. The unit is a composite squadron made up of young cadets and senior pilots.
An ordinance was introduced that would make it illegal to obstruct rights of ways and easements. The public hearing will be October 25 in the regularly scheduled 3:00 p.m. meeting.
Resolutions were passed:
- appointing Max Antony of Antony Law Group LLC as special legal council on legal matters pertaining to street ownership petitioned by Richard Sarver,
- to accept the 2018 LCDBG for Sewer Improvements close out report.,
- for the mayor to sign and execute the certificate of completion and final recap change order for the runway and taxiway micro-surfacing and stripping project,
- to award Williams Equipment Services as the lowest bidder for the Belview Road Water Project, and
- for the city to enter an intergovernmental agreement with the Vernon Parish Police Jury to provide sewer service in the parish adjacent to the city limits of Entrance Road.
City Administrator Patty Larney reminded the Council that repairs will begin on October 25, 2021, for the section of Maggie Road that has been barricaded.