The Leesville City Council met at 3:00 p.m. Monday, November 25, 2019, at Leesville City Hall. Mayor Allen was not in attendance, Councilwoman Guess ran the meeting.
The Council approved five invoices from Meyer and Associates in the amount of $8268.72, a Pay estimate from Diamond Enterprise in the amount of $12, 008.00, and 3 invoices for Core and Main in the amount of $29,800 for the Leesville DWRLF Water Improvement Program; an estimate from Apek Construction in the amount of $51,893.87 for the North Runway Safety area Improvements and an invoice from Pan American Engineers $13,266 for Runway Safety Area Improvements.
Ordinance 18 was introduced to rezone property on Bradley Street from A-6 Single Family Urban District in District 2 to C-2 Commercial District to allow for a pet daycare contingent upon petition of majority approval from other residents within a 300 foot radius. The Public Hearing will be at the regularly scheduled meeting, December 9, 2019, at 3:00 p.m.
Grant Bush, Director of Planning and Development, recognized Geico for their support of the Derby Race and Motorcycles Rally with a Certificate of Appreciation. El Patio, Cleco, Morris, and American Moving and Storage were not in attendance to receive a certificate.
Six resolutions were passed:
- Resolution 89 -to approve Mayor Rick Allen, Patti Larney and Nicole Merlino as authorized signatures for the FY 19-20 CWEF and LGAP funding programs
- Resolution 90 to authorize the mayor to sign and submit FY 19-20 Community Water Enrichment Fund and Louisiana Government Assistance Program grant applications.
- Resolution 91 to authorize the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development for improvements at the Leesville Airport
- Resolution 92 to approve a Class A Alcohol Permit application for Toups Kajun Kitchen submitted by Bobby Toups of BJ's Diner of Leesville.
- Resolution 93 to approve Change Order 1 to furnish and install LED lights rather than incandescent lights for the Rehabilitation of Elevated Water Storage Tanks Project, and
- Resolution 94 to support the 2020 Census.
Kelly Corvale spoke to the Council regarding the importance of the Census and how it is used to distribute funds into communities, to support growth and representation. Around March, a letter will be sent to everyone in the parish with multiple ways to submit the requested information.
The next meeting will be Monday, December 9, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.