Leesville City Council met at 3:00 p.m. Monday, May 14, 2019.
The Council discussed the annexation of New Willow Baptist Church on Red Town Road and Country Club Road. Points made in favor of the annexation were city street maintenance, lower insurance rates, stabilized property values and greater police protection. Homestead exemptions for residents would not change.
Ordinances were introduced to:
- accept the FY 18-19 Budget Amendment and FY 19-20 budget proposals;
- amend the city ordinances regarding trash fires;
- name and rename city streets; and
- for the continuation of and order to levy within the City of Leesville and ad valorem property tax for a period of 15 years at a rate of 4.2 mils as authorized in the May 4 election.
The public hearing for all of the ordinances will be held in the meeting on June 3, 2019.
Resolutions were voted on:
- to reschedule the June 10 regular meeting to June 3rd due to city council members traveling to Washington DC for the 2019 ADC Summit;
- to authorize a maintenance agreement between the city of Leesville and the Department of Transportation and Development Office of Engineering for grass and litter control;
- to authorize bids to replace water meters in Leesville;
- to execute an agreement between LADOTD and the City of Leesville Municipal Airport to utilize the fund from the Transportation Trust Fund for the Runway Safety Area;
- to execute a contract with Thompson Tree and Spraying for vegetation control at the municipal airport;
- to allow APECK Construction to participate in hay production at the municipal airport; and
- to execute a contract with the State of Louisiana Division of Administration for the 18-19 water enrichment fund to purchase water meters.
All resolutions were passed.