Following an investigation, the Beauregard Parish Sheriff's Office Narcotics Task Force was able to obtain information that Matthew Vallaire was responsible for distributing narcotics.
Probable cause and evidence resulted in obtaining a search warrant for Vallaire’s residence at which time a large amount of marijuana, large quantities of pills, cocaine, and stolen/ illegal firearms were located.
Matthew was placed under arrest and booked into the BPSO jail and charged with:
- 2 counts Manufacturing/Distribution of CDS Schedule I,
- 2 counts Produce, Distribute, Possess w/Intent to Distribute CDS Schedule II,
- 3 counts Possession of CDS Schedule II,
- Possession of CDS Schedule I,
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia,
- Illegal Carrying of Weapons,
- Possession of Firearm by Felon,
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Firearms, and
- Contributing to the Delinquency of Juveniles.
Bond was set at $393,000.00.