The Beauregard Parish Police Jury announces that the Parish-wide Burn Ban has been lifted. For the safety of parish residents a permit is required for open burns. There is no fee involved in obtaining the permit.
The following guidelines have been set:
1. Do not conduct burns in windy conditions. Cease burning if if wind conditions at the burn site exceed 15 mph.
2. Smoke shall not discharge material that has an offensive odor or that could be injurious or detrimental to the health and safety of others.
3. Do not burn garbage, oil, rubber, plastic, tar paper, or asphalt products including demolition and construction materials.
4. Burn at least 30' from structures or combustible surfaces.
5. A 10' ground break shall be maintained around fires.
6. Fires must always be attended and a garden hose attached to a pressurized water supply must be immediately available and functional for emergency use. A shovel, rake or hoe should also be available.
7. A copy or electronic copy of the burn permit must be in the possession of the person responsible at all times. Any damages resulting from failure to maintain control of the permitted fire are the sole responsibility of the permittee.
*Persons participating in open burning activities do so at their own risk and may be held responsible for the cost of suppressing escaped or uncontrolled fires.