Rules cannot address all situations so please be reasonable and use common sense for the safety of all park Users. Please observe the following rules to help make our Dog Park a safe and enjoyable place.
1. All people (“Users”) that enter this Dog Park do so at their own risk. The City of DeRidder shall not be liable for any direct or consequential injury or damage to any User. The Users will legally be responsible for your dogs or any injury or damage caused by them.
2. All dogs must display current vaccination tags issued by a licensed veterinarian indicating rabies immunization.
3. Dogs in heat and puppies under 4 months of age are not permitted in the park.
4. Larger and/or more active dogs should use the large/active activity area. Another area is provided for small/senior or shy dogs.
5. Dog handlers must be 18 years of age or older.
6. Children under 18 are not allowed in the Dog Park unless accompanied by an adult.
7. No strollers, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are allowed in the Dog Park. Wheelchairs are allowed.
8. All dogs must remain leashed until they are within the designated, fenced area.
9. Dogs must be in view and under the voice command of their Users at all times and not be left unattended.
10. Dog handlers are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
11. All un-neutered male dogs must be closely supervised.
12. Dogs that fight or exhibit aggressive behavior must be immediately removed from the Dog Park by their User.
13. No more than 2 dogs per handler are allowed at one time.
14. No smoking or alcohol is allowed within the Dog Park.
15. No human or dog food in allowed in the Dog Park.
16. Spike, choke, or pinch collars must be removed prior to entering the Dog Park.
17. Professional dog trainers shall not use the Dog Park to conduct their business.
Individuals who fail to comply with posted rules are subject to loss of privileges within the Park.