KVVP-FM was started by U.S. Army Colonel (Retired) Chaplain John Stannard on Jan. 20, 1977 at a location on Hwy. 28, the Alexandria Highway, with 3,000 watts at 105.5 FM.
Then-Leesville Mayor “Boots” Sartor turned on the station that day for the original broadcasting hours of 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
In July 1977, the first full-time DJ began broadcasting, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In August 1978, the station’s format changed to Country Music with its first song being “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” by Charlie Daniels -- an interesting selection for a station owned by a retired Army Chaplain.
KROK-FM started broadcasting from DeRidder with 9,000 watts and a new 470-foot tower in 1985.
In January 1988, KVVP-FM's new and current facilities opened just off U.S. 171 near Fort Polk's Entrance Road.
In September 1996, KVVP-FM went to transmitting at 25,000 watts at 105.7 FM and the transmitter moved five miles south onto U.S. 171 and also KROK-FM moved its facilities to the current Pickering area location.
KROK-FM, 95.7 World Class Rock, has a dedicated and diverse listening audience.
KUMX-FM was added in 2002 at 106.7 FM as Mix 106.7, a popular mix station playing everything from classic rock to pop.
In 2012, KVVP-FM was rebranded as Today's Country 105.7, and is a West Central Louisiana country music favorite.
- Week Four Football Preview
- Week Three Area Scores
- Dates for Tricare Open Enrollment Announced
- Drive Thru Flu Shot Clinic at Bayne Jones Army Community Hospital
- Amendments on the Ballot October 12, 2019
- Attorney General's Office Arrests 3 for Child Exploitation
- Les Fest at The Alexandria Zoo
- Impromptu Players present "The Charitable Sisterhood of the Second Trinity Victory Church"
- Updates Regarding Completion of Repairs at Vernon Parish Lake
- Beauregard Parish OHSEP Weather Statement - September 17, 2019
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office Arrests Texas Man for Felony Sexual Battery Involving a 4-Year Old
- VPSO Arrest Warrant September 17, 2019
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office Arrests a Middle School Sturdent for Terrorizing
- Four Suspects Arrests in New Llano House Fire, 1 Suspect at Large
- Alexandria Drug Dealer Sentenced to 30 Years in Prison by Federal Court
- 1 Adult Male, 1 Juvenile Arrested for Drive By Shooting, 1 Suspect Still At Large
- Vernon Parish Police Jury September 16, 2019
- Natchitoches Parish Sheriff's Office Arrest One For Felony Theft
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Stay in the loop on church events in West Central Louisiana.
A recap of the most pertinent stories of the week - delivered straight to your inbox!
Arts & Entertainment
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!