A collection of photographs and memorabilia that belonged to the late Howard Blackburn, of Leesville, is being added to the Vernon Parish Library's online historic photo collection and archives.
Library director Howard L. Coy Jr. said the collection was donated by the Blackburn family. It includes photographs, newspaper clippings, audio/video narrations and handwritten notes from Blackburn's lifetime of gathering history on Vernon Parish, Leesville, New Llano, the logging industry, trains, Kansas City Southern Railroad, aviation, World War II and more. Click here to read more. (Elona Weston)
- The Latest COVID-19 Information
- Nicole Kidman's stage fright
- Eva Mendes didn't want kids before meeting Ryan Gosling
- Harry Styles' concert plans
- Kate Beckinsale splits from Goody Grace
- Half a million Louisianans have already voted
- Sen. Bill Cassidy running for a second term
- Kevin Hart lucky and blessed to have kids
- Former youth center shift supervisor charged with payroll theft
- Public Forum Regarding Hemp Production in the City of Leesville
- 2 Vehicle Wreck in Beauregard Parish
- Tire Amnesty Day to be held today in Shreveport
- BPSO Arrest Report - October 14-16, 2020
- Vernon Parish Ballot Information - November 3, 2020 Election
- Peason Ridge and Fort-Polk Vernon WMA's to be Closed Halloween Weekend
- Officer involved in sick leave scandal fired second time; 2 others resign
- VPSO Arrest Report October 14-17, 2010
- Shreveport woman sentenced to 40 years for 2018 slaying
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Stay in the loop on church events in West Central Louisiana.
A recap of the most pertinent stories of the week - delivered straight to your inbox!
Arts & Entertainment
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!