Below is a message from Erin Chesnutt, Beauregard Parish Library director, to inform the public of the library’s re-opening procedures.
"Dear Beauregard Parish Library Patrons:
While the COVID-19 long-term impacts on daily life remain uncertain, I am hopeful that we can reopen your library as soon as it is safe for us to do so. Anticipating this event, a multi-phased plan has been put in place that will allow us to resume library services efficiently and safely for patrons and staff, alike.
Each phase is expected to last between one and four weeks but please note that dates and duration are all subject to change based on recommendations from health and safety authorities as well as our access to supplies. The general phases are: (1) library facilities undergo thorough cleaning, employees return to branches for preparation after the Stay at Home orders are lifted, buildings are closed to the public but limited curbside delivery hours are available, all returned items will be isolated for 72 hours before being handled by staff; (2) library facilities are open with reduced hours and services, designated “vulnerable populations” service times, no meeting room usage, programs are only offered virtually or as grab-and-go packs, social distancing measures remain in place; (3) library facilities are open regular hours; programs are mostly virtual with some small-group programs allowed, social distancing measures remain in place; (4) library facilities are open regular hours, social distancing measures remain in place, non-library bookings for small groups in meeting room allowed; (5) resume full operations.
Resuming operations in a structured manner will help ensure that we can continue to provide library services without unnecessary additional interruptions while practicing the highest level of responsibility to our community and employees. If the Stay at Home orders expire on April 30, we hope to have our outside bookdrops at all locations ready to accept returning items starting late May 1 and to begin limited curbside pick-up services for books, DVDs, and audiobooks in the middle of the following week at our DeRidder location, adding rural locations shortly thereafter.
Please monitor our website, library.beau.org, our social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram, or call 337-463-6217 for updates.
Erin N Chesnutt,
- The Latest COVID-19 Information
- Annual Free Fishing Weekend is Coming Up June 13 & 14
- Gov. Edwards Announces He Will Sign the Proclamation to Move LA into Phase 2
- #SpayTogether is Working with Vets to Offer Low Cost Spay/Neuter Surgeries
- Obituary for Trinia Louise Jeter Hudson
- Obituary for Dorothy Ann Smith Downs
- Obituary for Samuel David Tilley
- Dam-B Bridge, W. of Jasper, is Open
- Lake Charles Man Arrested in Opelousas for Worthless Checks
- Beauregard Parish Sheriff's Office Asks for Help Locating Robbery Suspect
- Suddenlink Announces Office in DeRidder Won't Re-Open
- Kellyland Shooting Results in Arrest of 19 Year Old Alexandria Man
- Pitkin Man Arrested in Criminal Sexual Conduct Investigation by RPSO
- LA Approved for P-EBT
- Natchitoches Woman Arrested on Felony Narcotics Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Coach O Enjoys Memorial Day Weekend in Destin, Florida
- Super Hero In Scrubs Giveaway
- VPSO Arrest Report May 27, 2020
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Stay in the loop on church events in West Central Louisiana.
A recap of the most pertinent stories of the week - delivered straight to your inbox!
Arts & Entertainment
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!